8th Annual Gala: Roaring 2021
This year is a bit different. Join us as we shift away from our traditional in-person Gala to a virtual event from the comfort of your own home. We are planning an evening of entertainment, inspiration and hope.Over the last 7 years of hosting our Gala, we have raised over $500,000 to support young adults thrive following their cancer diagnosis. Even though we aren’t able to be together in person this year, we are so excited to be able to welcome even more people to our community, no matter where you live.Our 8th Annual Gala will showcase “Roaring 2021” – same auction, same crowd, different venue: your home! Special guests will join us on the event livestream, live mixology sessions with our signature “prohibition” drink, and browse some of our unbelievable online auction and raffle items. Registration for this year’s event is free.Let us bring the party to you – purchase our “party in a box” with decorations, favors, photo backdrop and more to get your speakeasy started! There will only be 40 boxes available.To get in the spirit of the Roaring ‘20’s, we are strongly encouraging all gentlemen to rent a tuxedo through our partners at Wesner Tuxedo in Sterling Heights, MI. Over the years they have been invaluable partners to CHSCF, so let’s show them our support during these difficult times. Tuxedo rentals are $39.95 – please visit their website or call to schedule an appointment to be fitted; due to COVID-19 restrictions, they are not accepting walk-in appointments.Not a chef? Looking for someone to cater your gathering? Andiamo is offering an exquisite dinner for 10 guests that can be purchased on our event page and picked up at any of their locations.
You can enter to win in the cash raffle, purchase tickets for raffle items, and bid on silent auction items – all done from the ease of your mobile phone.
While this year is going to be different, who says different can’t be just as good… or even better!
MONDAY, MARCH 1, 2021
8:00 AM – Online auction opens
- Start bidding on auction/raffle items
- Enter our cash raffle – prizes will be awarded in increments of $500
SATURDAY, MARCH 6, 2021
6:00 PM – Pre-show begins
- Guests gather virtually to view the program together
- Dress up for a fun night and post your photos with #CHSCFGALA – there will be prizes awarded for best costumes, best party set up and more!
6:30 PM – Virtual Gala premiers live, featuring:
- Our founders, Chris & Karen Hines (Cassie’s parents)
- Stories from our young adult cancer community
- Live mixology sessions featuring our signature “prohibition” cocktail
7:00 PM – Cash Raffle Closes
9:00 PM– Silent Auction Closes
10:00 PM – Online Auction Closes
SATURDAY, MARCH 13, 2021
- All auction items must be claimed by the winner(s) on Saturday, March 13, 2021 from 10AM – 4PM in Armada, MI (pickup site address to be provided upon purchase of items)
- If you are unable to pick up your item(s), there will be an option to incur the cost to ship your item(s)
- Must present valid photo ID and proof of purchase on the date of pickup
- All items that are not picked up during the designated pickup date or paid for shipment will be forfeited
Special thank you to our 2021 Gala sponsors: