Board Member Opportunity
What does it mean to be a CHSCF Board Member
Thank you for your interest in the Cassie Hines Shoes Cancer Foundation (CHSCF), a 501(c)3 nonprofit. We are very proud of the work we do to support young adult cancer patients in their journey from diagnosis through survivorship. Our board members are a critical part of the team; you will play an important role in the governance and strategic direction of CHSCF.
The expectation of every board member is to serve as a trusted advisor, advocate, and steward of the foundation. You will work collaboratively with other board members through our bi-monthly meetings and committee work to ensure our organization fulfills its mission, operates ethically, and achieves its strategic objectives.
Most importantly, as a member of the Board of Directors, you are an ambassador for CHSCF and an advocate for our mission. As a champion for young adults navigating cancer, the expectation is that you will utilize your personal and professional networks to promote our vision and purpose. Above all, we need story tellers; people that are excited to talk about the impactful work we do at CHSCF!
We are honored that you are considering sharing your time and talent with CHSCF, board service is a true commitment. The minimum time expectations are listed below:
- Attendance at our virtual bi-monthly BOD meetings and our in-person annual offsite strategic session held in the spring.
- Joining a BOD subcommittee and supporting a task force when necessary.
- Attendance and promotional support at our annual Gala in March of each year.
- Promotional support and/or attendance at our annual Glow Run in September of each year.
- On occasion, there are fundraisers hosted by third party stakeholders (i.e. golf outings) where attendance is not required, but participation is greatly appreciated.
Our mission, vision and purpose statements are posted on our website here. If this opportunity interests you, we would love to continue the conversation.